The Plastic Problem, something we are all becoming aware of.
Studies, Documentaries, News articles and visible climate change are all signs of proof that we cannot continue using and abusing the Earth like we have been.
Some say it may be too late, what is the point?
We are passionate that there is an absolute point to making changes to save the Planet!
The oceans are polluted with extortionate amounts of plastic, underwater eco systems are being destroyed, uninhabitable. More than eight million tonnes of plastic enters the world's oceans each year and most of that escapes from land.
Experts think that by 2050, the amount of plastic in the ocean will weigh more than the amount of fish in the ocean.
We have the power and are responsible to look after our Planet, for our future generations, for the animals, for the environment and for our overall health too!
Plastic particles have been found in fish that are sold for consumption. The resins such as BPA in plastic bottles and all sorts of consumer packaging hold possible health risks that we aren't fully aware of that may affect future implications to our health.
So what can we do to help?
Eco friendly products have always been on the market, but not so readily available or affordable. Of course, Plastic and other single use materials are mass produced, in turn very cheap so cost effective for the consumer. But buying these products will increase the demand to produce more, which in turn will in fact cost us the earth…
Products like toothbrushes, floss, plastic packed fruit and vegetables, food packets, sanitary products i.e. tampons, pads, wet wipes, bottled drinks, toiletries and cleaning products, the list goes on and on!
We have the power to make informed choices that don’t have to burn our wallets but will make us feel rewarded that we are doing our bit to help save the planet!
Even if we change on item, one buying habit a fortnight, if we all do it, it will make a difference. We can unite and show the manufacturers what to invest in!
Start your Eco Swap journey here :
- Plastic Toothbrush to Bamboo Toothbrush
- Bottled Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash to Shampoo/Conditioner/Soap Bars or use Refills in our Ramsgate Store or find a local refill store near you
- Shaving gel to Shaving Bar
- Sanitary Towels/Pads to Naturcare version, Mooncup or Reusable Fabric Pads
- Sponges to Loofah ‘Sponges’ for body, house hold cleaning and more!
- Choose Ethical, Chemical & Paraben Free Brands such as Faith in nature, Method, Bio-D, Ecover
- Refill food products in our Ramsgate store or a similar refill store near you, use your own pots and jars instead of buying more packaged products
- Choose grocery stores instead of supermarkets and most of their foods are loose and packaging free
- Make you own plant based milks, cook from scratch! Rather than choosing convenience foods that will be full of added salt and sugar.
Good news! All our Organic Product packaging will be Biodegradable and Compostable! We are also introducing Organic Fruit and Veg that will be packaging free.
Check out what is going on in your local area, events, community litter picking, eco friendly markets, festivals and so forth! Maybe contact your local council, brands, supermarkets and air your thoughts. The more a demand is shown for change, the big industries will have to listen!
Visit our website today or come see our store in Ramsgate for your refills, all the items listed above and so much more! Together we can make a difference 😊
Also check out our friends on Facebook 'Plastic Free Life'
For discussions, advice and tips!